Super Easy DIY Pumping Bra
During my breastfeeding journey, there were products I needed that were out of my price range. Unfortunately, most breastfeeding products are expensive and not everyone has the funds for these valuables. Valuables, that could make or break this experience.
While navigating the pumping world, I found a DIY pumping bra hack that had no expectation to rip apart my undergarments or have a hair tie close by.
The desperation I felt for a pumping bra was unreal. I hated sitting there holding two flanges at my breast unable to look at my phone without spilling drops of milk on my clothes.
I couldn’t find a tangible hands-free pumping hack that fixed the issue. Every website that offered a pumping bra was priced at LEAST 24.99 and up. Even 24.99 bras had 3-star reviews, truly disappointing.
The links on this webpage may contain affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission if you decide to make any purchases using my links. This affiliate relationship does not alter the integrity of my content. Thank you for your support!
Scrolling by on TikTok a girl posted this exact trick and I wish I could reference her name, but I never saved the video. After experimenting with this hack, the success of it made me scream!
I’m recommending this bra because I was able to buy 3 for 26.99, did you hear that ladies, 3 FOR 26.99!
This was the bra that worked for this super easy hack I’m about to help guide you through, an absolute breastfeeding essential.
Best Nursing Bra For This Hack
It’s called the HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bra, I still have all three of mine a whole year later. Also, its straps have not stretched out hallelujah!
The most important detail about this easy DIY pumping bra hack is the HOOK AND EYE CLOSURE and NON-STRETCHED SIDE SLINGS/STRAPS.
This necessary combination makes the flange adjustments easy and comfortable.
Reasons this is my favorite nursing bra:
- Buttery soft and breathable which makes the comfort level 10; was able to wear it while I sleep to nurse at night.
- Full coverage; For added support and helped to keep my nursing pads at bay.
- Molded foam cups you can remove
- Super easy to wash; I was with my other delicates and still in great shape.
DIY STEP-BY-STEP PUMPING BRA HACK
- This is the Hook and Eye Closure
2. Unhook the eye closure
3. Grab the side of the nursing bra
4. Pull it towards the middle of your chest: Hold it.
5. Align and place the flange to your nipple
6. Let go of the strap, hold on to the flange
7. Take the eye closure that’s under your breast/pad side of the bra
8. Bring the eye closure to the hook
9. Click together
10. Adjust the flange and tighten the bra straps if you feel the flange is too loose or falls unaligned to the nipple
11. Should fit comfortably
12. Pump should fall a little more due to the weight of the bottle and milk during your session; nothing to be alarmed about (It should hold itself if the bra straps are tight)
13. For easy + mess-free removal; hold flange, unhook eye closure
14. Remove the flange and VOILA
If you are a person that needs to see everything by example, no worries I made a quick video on how to make a hands-free breast pumping bra on my Pinterest. Follow for more mama hacks, and intentional motherhood.