Oktoberfest Kid Friendly Recipes | (Beer Free) Pub Cheese
Oktoberfest Kid-Friendly Appetizer
In the United States, I find other cultural holidays celebrated with a lot more enthusiasm than the holidays we celebrate for the US.
For example, Cinco de Mayo, every restaurant is packed and most families come together to relish in the tacos and tequila. During Oktoberfest, most recipes and refreshments consist of beer, beer, and more beer.
It’s a super fun time, but now that I’m in my late twenties the people I’m closest with now have families just as I do.
I have to accommodate those who are coming and bringing their kids. Even as a breastfeeding mom, I consistently have to be aware of what I’m ingesting.
For this Pub Cheese recipe, I recommend serving pretzels or chips as a side. My guilty pleasure is covering diced red potatoes with this topping, absolutely delicious!
The Ingredient That Makes Pub Cheese “Beer-Free”
It was incredibly hard to find a way around this without beer. Pub cheese is the most popular appetizer for this grand celebration. Luckily the virgin version has been found!
Ginger beer, or a close substitute being, ginger ale! It still had a kick from the cheese and Jalapeno, but the subtle tang the beer gives was also found in the ginger ale.
How-To Create Your Virgin Pub Cheese
- 8 ounces of Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese & 4 ounces of Asiago Cheese; as you can see I shredded the asiago myself *chefs kiss*
2. Mince 2 garlic cloves
3. 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
4. 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Mustard
5. 1 Jalapeno Pepper | Remove seeds to reduce the heat; I used a 3/4 of jalapeno because I’m personally extremely sensitive to heat
6. 4 ounces of ginger ale or ginger beer
7. Besides the ginger ale, pour all ingredients into the blender. Start using “pulse” mode and while that’s processing, pour the ginger ale
8. Texture should be smooth, pack into bowl or tupperware
9. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then serve